The package contains a plant in a plastic pot.
About the plant:
Hoya or hoja is an unpretentious climbing succulent plant native to Southeast Asia and Australia. This succulent creeper is decorated with elongated fleshy leaves with silver spots. Its stems can take on a purple tint due to lighting conditions. Hoye got its Czech name of wax plants on the basis of its star-shaped flowers, which, like their leaves, shine like wax. They bloom from spring to autumn with burgundy-red flowers that are gently fragrant. We never remove the flowered parts of the plant, as another inflorescence will form on them later. Hoyas are fast-growing plants that should be supported as they grow - they are often woven into decorative supports (for example, circles).
Difficulty: For beginners
Cleans the air: Yes
Pet Friendly: Yes
Suitable for hydroponics: Yes
Suitable for Kokedama: No
Approximate height of plant with pot : 30 cm
Diameter of the flower pot : 12 cm
Every plant is different, just like us humans. Please allow for a possible deviation in appearance compared to the product photo.
We wrote more about the Hoya plant in our article .
- Overwatering: Too much water can cause leaf drop.
- Irregular watering: The plant does not bloom due to irregular and insufficient watering.
- Direct light: Direct (especially midday) light can burn the leaves and create spots on them.
- Dark habitat: With a lack of light, the plant's flowers may drop.
- Change of habitat: During flowering, waxwort is sensitive to changes in habitat, to which it may respond by dropping flowers.