Tags: 12 cm, 14 cm, 40 - 60 cm, Ficus, Fíkusy, Hodně, Pro začátečníky, Skladem, Středně
The ficus is photographed in a Tondela pot. The package contains a plant in a plastic pot.
About the plant:
Ficus elastica ( rubber tree ) or the rubber tree, which was previously used to produce rubber, comes from India. You may also know it under the name Burgundy. It is an evergreen tree-like plant that is characterized by its large and shiny leathery leaves. Ficuses are among the unpretentious, fast-growing indoor plants that contain latex - a white liquid.
Ficus Abidjan is particularly attractive with its dark green to black leaves. Ficuses can be shaped and thickened by pruning.
Cleans the air: Yes
Pet Friendly: No
Suitable for hydroponics: Yes
Suitable for Kokedama: No
Approximate height of plant with pot : 45 cm
Diameter of the flower pot : 12 cm, 14 cm
Every plant is different, just like us humans. Please allow for a possible deviation in appearance compared to the product photo.
We wrote more about ficuses in our article .
- Overwatering and overwatering, root rot: Most often, you can recognize a ficus that has been overwatered by the fact that its leaves begin to fall, which can also turn yellow or develop brown spots.
- Draft: Ficuses are sensitive to temperature changes. You can tell that the plant has suffered a temperature shock by the leaves, which turn brown and fall off.
- Change of environment: Ficuses do not tolerate changes (e.g. habitat) well. Therefore, always think carefully about where and when you will move the ficus.
- The plant reacts to new, unsuitable conditions by shedding leaves.
- Burns of the leaves: Beware of direct light, which can burn the leaves of the plant, causing brown spots to form on them.